In my new decade:
- reading true crime novels before bed is a BAD idea. Get ready for some weird dreams.
- I may be addicted to reading and I am okay with that
- The best things I can be doing for myself would be focusing on reading/learning, exercising and eating healthy
- Exercising really does produce endorphins and serotonin. Or at least that’s what I think is happening. I feel more calm and excited about everything after making sure I exercise every single day and hit my step goal
- Walking every day, even if it isn’t a full dedicated workout, is helping improve my mental health
- I’ve developed a new love of mussels and clams. I’ve taken to making sure I order them when I see them on the menu
- My body is slowly shutting down with old age. I woke up one morning, stepped wrong and had shooting pains down my hip all day long. I walked with a limp all day long and it was a permanent reminder that I am getting older
- Cooking really isn’t as difficult as I always thought it was
- My skin is revolting due to my old age. I’ve noticed that my skin isn’t retaining moisture as much as it used to. I don’t think it’s necessarily something that just magically happened on my birthday but it’s been a slow and gradual process by which now I’m blaming it on old age. My pamper Sunday routine is turning into a pamper Sunday and Wednesday with some additional night routines to make sure my skin is feeling happy and healthy.
- I’m more comfortable with sitting on my couch playing phone games. I’m really love Two Dots and it may be becoming an addiction.
- I don’t understand the changes with social media and with all these various updates, it takes me a very long time to get caught up and understand what is happening.
The new decade has already had a lot of pros and cons. I’m curious to see what the rest of this decade has in store for me.