Now that I am in a new decade, I’ve decided to put in place some new goals. These aren’t replacing the ones I had previously from the new year, but rather an a new addition. I mean, I’m a year older, shouldn’t be more capable of achieving things? I can be handle more challenges right? And let’s be honest, I need to do things to take care of my health cause my metabolism is shutting down as we speak and I’m not going change my eating habits.
Yes, this is me admitting, that adding in more physical exertion to my life is somehow easier than portion control.
Here are the things that I’m going to try now that I’m in a new decade:
- Actually hitting my step goal EVERY DAY. Yes, every day. The first goal is to do it for 30 days straight. Let’s see what happens if I can actually achieve 11,000 steps every single day for the next 30 days.
- If I can do this for 30 days, then I want to try to do it for 60 days. Then let’s up it to 12,000 steps for 30 days, then 60, you get the drill.
- If I can’t do it for 30 days, then I’ll just keep trying until I can do it for 30 days consecutively.
- Drinking at least 32 oz of water during the work day. That’s not a lot. That’s 4 oz of water every hour. But let’s be honest, I’m terrible at remembering to stay hydrated. Let’s see if I can do this for a 30 days straight, then 60… see a pattern?
- I want to hit my hourly step goal. Yes, I have an hourly step goal (thank you FitBit). It’s 250 steps an hour for 13 hours a day. It’s not hard but I get lazy.
I’ll report back in a month on how I did.
Wish me luck!