I know this is a little delayed but I felt like I needed sometime to really get to know 2018 before I put together a list of what I’m looking forward to. Honestly, I’m not entirely sure if I can tell how this year is going to be but here are a few things I’m looking forward to this year:
- Finding new toner. I’ve been using green tea toner from The Face Shop which has been awesome but now that I’m in Seattle, I don’t have access to The Face Shop anymore so I need to try a new one. Right now, I have the Herbivore Jasmine Toner that will be my next one once I’m done with my current toner.
- Finding a new facial lotion. I actually bought the green tea set from The Face Shop so as of right now, I’m running out of lotion and I need to find a new one. I may go with the Belif True Cream Moisturizing Lotion because I’ve tried to the travel version and it was great so I want to see how it goes for an extended period of time.
- New restaurants. Let’s be honest, I love my favorite restaurants and I have a tendency to go to the them often and choose them over anywhere else. So for 2018, I want to experience new restaurants because so many new ones keep opening around the city.
- Finding new staple clothing items to replace some of the clothing that I have now. I’m looking to go with less patterned clothing and stick with some colored basics that will last me forever. My goal is to eventually get to something close to a capsule wardrobe with a few more pieces. Let’s see if I can get there in 2018.
- New books. I am looking forward to reading all the books in 2018.
- Visiting new cities. I’m hoping 2018 will be my year of travel domestically. I want to see more places in the US that I haven’t been to yet and get to know some of my favorite cities even better.
- Discovering new travel products to replace some of my key items I use now. For example, I bought a purse from Urban Outfitters about 8 years ago during a Black Friday sale and I’ve used it almost every international trip I’ve done since (minus one or two). That being said, it’s definitely in bad condition and getting to a point there it may not be able to survive another trip.
- Getting better at photography, blogging and all the creative things. I want to make sure that I’m giving myself more of a creative outlet in life because right now I feel like I’ve lost touch with it slightly so 2018 is the year it starts to happen again.
2017 was definitely a learning experience. It was a hard year to get through but honestly, I am glad I went through what I did. 2018 will be the year that I take over and find my groove.