I recently aged another year and man oh man it’s weird. Actually, that’s a blatant lie. It feels exactly the same and like nothing has changed. But I wonder if it’s because so much has happened in the few short years that I have lived on this earth that aging another year just feels like another day. Regardless, here are a few revelations that I’ve had recently:
- I’m still working on my 30 by 30. Let’s hope that I can make this. It’s actually one of the few goals that I have created for myself, shared with people and stuck with. I’m close to hitting my 30 by 30 and I just need to keep up my momentum. I will want to do more than 40 by 40 so I’ll need to up my game after my 30th birthday.
- Being an adult is hard. I am in a position now where I am trying to figure out what I want my next move to be. This move could be a job change, a city change, a country change or potentially staying exactly where I am without making any changes. The fact that I am in a position to make that decision makes me feel so adult-like and it feels weird. I know that as a child, I was never thought that I would have to make these types of decisions. Yes. I was naive. But regardless, it feels so adult and it is a hard thing to do.
- I like routine. I like routine more than I ever thought that I would. As much as I love traveling, I love the travel because I have a routine in my life. I like waking up and knowing that regardless of the day there are certain things that I need to do every single day and it provides a strange level of purpose for me. Something that motivates me to get up, do some stuff, feel productive and then justify sitting back on my butt on my couch.
- I’ve come to appreciate the little things. Just spending quality time with people, regardless of whether we’re doing anything fancy or just sitting on a couch, I love it all. I love being able to do drive somewhere and see something new or explore somewhere new. I love driving and seeing certain landmarks that bring smiles to my face like the Pacific Ocean over a hill or a certain mountain. Or even a pier in the distance.
- I want to only surround myself with good people. I’ve recently realized that surrounding myself with people who make me want to vent means that they are people I do not need in my life. I love each and every person in my life and I feel so lucky that I have met so many great people that I can call my friend and want to keep in my life.
- I am not as young as I used to be. Everything hurts all the time. I’m using this as great justification for sitting on my couch for longer periods of time.
I’m not sure any of these were revelations because I grew a year older or if these were just things that I already knew and am just now putting down into words. Regardless, that is the list of what I’ve been thinking about now that I am another year older.