Every year over the last four years, this time of of year is always hard for me. This week marks the four year anniversary of your passing and it’s always a difficult time. But for once, I’m going to take the time to reflect on how I’ve changed, how I’ve grown and what I’ve done since you left…
I don’t know if I can 100% attribute all of this to you and the impact you had on my life but since 2013, I have stepped out of my comfort zone. So far so that I don’t know if my comfort zone still really exists at this point.
- I started and graduated from Grad School. Remember when we talked about our future plans? I actually followed through!
- I’ve done 8 major international trips spanning just over 18 countries and 3 continents
- I moved away from Seattle to a city I never thought I’d live in
- I left a company I had gotten very comfortable at
- I took chances on relationships
- I recovered from those relationships
- I solo traveled and had embarrassing things happen to me
- I crossed multiple things off my bucket list like pampering elephants, seeing the Segrada Familia and the White Temple
- I started this blog to document everything going on
- I’ve seen the people I love get married and start the next chapter of their lives
- I’ve learned to continue to see the best in people and put faith in others. I lost it there for a bit after you left, but I’m getting it back.
And that’s just to name a few things. I want to stay positive and remember that things happen for a reason and that people we love will come and go. It’s a matter of how we remember them and how we decide to grow.
I know that a few of the things that I have done over the last four years have been because of you and for that, I am grateful. I am eternally grateful for the opportunities and chances I’ve had and have been able to take. I am thankful for the influence and impact you left on me.
I will continue wandering, traveling, and exploring in your honor.
I miss you each and every day, but each day is a reminder of just how lucky I am to have known you.