Today is the last day of 2016 and man oh man I cannot believe that this year is finally coming to a close. It’s interesting because when I started this year, I was in Sydney, Australia with plans to head back to Seattle in a few days. Little did I know that in just a few months after that fireworks show in Sydney, I would be moving my entire life to LA. And now as 2016 comes to a close, I’m not entirely sure I’m prepared for what 2017 has to offer but I must admit that I am curious. 2016 was a hard year for multiple reasons. I went through major changes and felt a little like I started to lose myself because I didn’t get the chance to keep grounded with my usual hobbies of travel. I had a few great trips but nothing too crazy which I didn’t think would affect me that much but they did. Travel is what keeps me grounded and really helps recharge my batteries. I’ve started to feel a little lost without getting my recharge and I can feel myself draining. Especially now as things are getting a little bit on the crazy side with life. To kick off my 2017 year, here are a few of my goals because as you remember, I don’t like making resolutions instead I like making goals because they feel more achievable.
- Explore more. This means more than just explore the world but also explore the city around me and the areas around my city. I want to see what this world has to offer and what California has to offer. I have all these places I want to go around here that I haven’t gone to see yet so I will do it in 2017.
- Stop holding myself back. I’ve let fear of certain things hold me to specific things in my life that keep me comfortable. I know that I love Seattle and I know that I’ve been back there 7 times in 5 months but I need to remember that stepping outside of my comfort zone has opened my eyes to so many more things and I need to allow that fear be my motivator to be happy regardless of where I am and where I live.
- Read more. This is always a goal of mine. But seriously. Read more.
- Exercise more. This is also something I want to do every year and I start off so strong and then start to fail by the end of the year. I need to hold strong for the entire year.
- Keep my home tidy. I felt so motivated after reading The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up but ever since I moved, I’ve been pretty terrible about keeping up with keeping my home clean and tidy permanently.
- Take better care of my body and my mind. I need to be better about drinking lots of water and staying hydrated. And remembering to wipe off my make up at night. And remembering to floss every night. And eat healthier.
- Try more foods and restaurants. I want to try more foods and find my new favorite restaurants.
- Sleep more. And keep a good sleeping schedule. I have a tendency to fall asleep on my couch which messes up my sleep schedule. Usually resulting in staying awake for hours when I actually crawl into bed for the night.
- Be more present. I need to stop day dreaming and getting lost in my own thoughts. I need to be more present and stop being focused on my phone and social media. I want to be present with the people I love and the people I meet. Plus really understand and focus on my surroundings.
Do you have any goals/resolutions for 2017?