Barcelona is amazing and I’m sure anyone who has been there would agree. It’s one of those cities where you need to spend as much time as possible but if you can only see it for 24 hours, here’s what I recommend.
- Take the first tour of the Segrada Familia. I managed to get in with the first group at 9AM and could see the sun come in through the stained glass windows and watch it change over a very short period of time. While you’re there, take the elevator up to the top of the tour and look out over the city.
- If you need breakfast, there are great cafes and restaurants all around the Segrada Familia where you can get some delicious chocolate croissants.
- After the Segrada Familia, take a walk down to the beach through the city and walk along the coast of the city. You can take a nice stroll along the coast or check out a restaurant along the water to people watch or just enjoy the beauty of the Barcelona beaches.
- You can take a walk over to the Barcelona Aquarium. I believe it’s about 14 Euros to get in and there’s the underwater walkway where you can watch the fish swimming all around you.
- Walk back up to the city and hit up Passeig de Gracia which includes multiple Guadi buildings and museums along with some great shopping. You can check out the Gaudi buildings but there’s always a line to get in so be prepared for that.
- After walking along the Passeig de Gracia, wander into some of the smaller streets along the main street and check out some of the churches and restaurants in the area. If you didn’t get paella by the water, there are some great paella restaurants hidden around the Passeig de Gracia.
- From there, if you’re feeling ambitious, head up to Park Guell and spend the remainder of your day up there overlooking the city and checking out Gaudi’s home.
- Afterwards, grab some dinner around the neighborhood around Park Guell for some authentic local cuisine.
Barcelona is amazing and you can spend days there wandering and checking out the amazing neighborhoods.
Do you have any favorites that you like doing in Barcelona?