It’s New York City. I’m not sure that any suggest I give to manage wandering this city in 24 hours would do it justice. So here are a list of things that I love doing in New York that would end up taking significantly more time than 24 hours if you tried to do all of them.
- Highline Park – this is an old converted train track that runs along Chelsea. It’s a great walk and gives a nice view of the city. There’s also a great mural of the famous kiss done with rainbow colors. It’s beautiful.
- Chelsea Market – Food. Amazing food everywhere. Definitely go there if you need food of any sort. There’s also a place in there that sells brownie edges which you can buy in bags to go. Definitely have purchased bags to take home. Plus there’s a bakery that has amazing black and white cookies.
- Brooklyn Bridge – It’s a great walk across the bridge. When you’re on the Brooklyn side, along the water there is a great taco truck that is there for lunch. Definitely a great place to grab some food after the walk from Manhattan to Brooklyn.
- Karczma Polish Restaurant – This is a great Polish restaurant in Greenpoint, Brooklyn that makes amazing pierogies. It’s always packed so be prepared to wait if you don’t get there earlier enough.
- Wander through Bedford-Stuyvesant – there are great boutiques, quaint little restaurants and cafes to check out
- Jin Ramen – This is a great ramen place located in Harlem right next to the subway station. Be prepared to wait if you show up after about 515PM because there are not a lot of tables and it’s that good. Totally worth the wait
- Hells Kitchen – If you can find your way into a restaurant there, you will not be disappointed.
- The Grey Dog – Grey Dog is located in Greenwich and is great for brunch. I highly recommend this place.
- Parks – Central Park is great but personally I love Prospect Park so much more. It is less touristy and feels more separated from the city.
- Strand Bookstore – This is one of my favorite bookstores in the entire world. It’s huge, has so much character and there’s so much to see there. I could spend days exploring that bookstore
Overall, there’s so much to do in NYC that I don’t think I could ever just spend 24 hours in the city.
Do you have any favorites or must-dos in the city?