I am one day late on creating a list of goals for 2016. I must admit that some part of me is almost afraid to create a list of goals or resolutions for 2016 because nothing will quite beat 2015 at this point. Mainly to the extent that I know that this year will not afford me the ability to go to 15 countries because, well adulthood. Unfortunately I used up a large portion of my vacation days in 2015 to see those 15 countries and I have #noregrets. That’s right, I just hashtagged that.
I am so honored and beyond belief that I managed what I did in 2015 and I am proud of how far I’ve come to do that. I have never had a brief moment in my life where I thought that I could do that. You see, as I have stated before I used to be someone that planned everything out. I was someone who didn’t do well being spontaneous or flying by the seat of my pants. I liked knowing what was in store for me and 2015 provided me the ability to stop being so predictable. But maybe now I’ve entered that point in my life where traveling has made me predictable. People expect that I will pick up and show up in another country without much notice. That’s the type of predictability that I think I am okay with.
That being said, I hope that 2016 has something great in store for me and for you. I hope that 2016 is better than 2015 but maybe in a different way. Not in the sense that I will see 15 more countries, but in the sense that I will grow more than I did in 2015. I’m hoping that this year will give me the ability to be a better me and get me one step closer to being the version of me I am supposed to be. At this moment in time, I don’t know what that Winny looks like but I know that she’s going to be pretty awesome. When we all get to that point where we can officially become that person we were always meant to be, it feels right. I know 2016 will not be the year that happens, but I know that it will be the year that gets me one step closer to it.
So rather than goals for 2016, here’s what I hope will happen:
- I will further fall in love with running. I have developed my love hate relationship with this form of exercise and it makes me so sad but so happy at the same time. I hope that this year, I will figure out how to tilt the scale just a little bit to become a love with the occasional hate.
- I want to visit another country that I have never been to. I do not need to go to 15 countries, but I want to be able to visit another country that will get me one step closer to 30 countries.
- I hope that I will be okay with being outside of my comfort zone at home. Traveling has afforded me the ability to step outside of my comfort zone but I would like to get to that point at home where I am constantly looking for something new and exciting to experience.
- I want 2016 to be the year of food. I want to branch out on what I eat and try new and exciting new foods
- I hope to read and fully rediscover my love of reading.
- I hope to always be present. Present in the moment. Present with the people I surround myself with whether it is at work or with friends or even just sitting in a coffee shop. I hope to be present in appreciating the surroundings in my life, even if I never actually interact with those around me.
What are your plans for 2016?