This year, I have traveled far for weddings. I went from Prague to San Francisco and Seattle to Taiwan. I do this because I love my friends and I want to be able to be a part of their special, especially if they think I’m special enough to be a part of it.
That being said, because I’ve had to travel far for these activities, I don’t get to enjoy the usual amenities of having everything I own with me. I have to plan outfits far in advance, makeup and jewelry needs to be planned out and minimalistic.
This goes hand in hand with how I manage to pack in just a backpack for three weeks of travel. Here’s just a few things that I have found to work really well for me to cover all occasions when I travel.
- Tinted moisturizer. This works as a foundation for me and it has some level of sunscreen protection so for my skin, I can put on some regular moisturizer with SPF and add this and I’m good to go. This is the perfect amount of coverage for summer weddings.
- My instadry nail polish is great for my fingernails because it does try in just a few minutes. Usually I’m in a rush and so this allows for me to do them just before I leave so they’re good to go before I get to the wedding.
- Small red nail polish. Birchbox has great samples of nail polish and they are perfect for traveling. I’m sure Ipsy has great ones too. I bring this handy bottle around with me if I plan on wearing open toed shoes.
- Covergirl lip stick. This is a matte color that’s not excessively bright and bold. I love it because it lasts all day and I find that it works better with my lips than regular lipstick in the sense that it moisturizes enough that with a little combo of chapstick and this stick I’m good to go.
- Benefit blush. I love the dandelion blush from Benefit. It provides just the right amount of color for the summer and isn’t too over the top.
- Smashbox eye liner. I don’t even know what to say. This liner is amazing. I own it in four colors.
- Jewelry. Madewell and H&M jewelry. Cheap, durable, and classic.
This combination gives the ability to mix and match and create a look that works for regular days of travel or a wedding. These are my staples for all trips that require some level of make up.
When you travel to big events, what type of products do you use?