I’ve written about my daily routines and what I like to do to prep for the morning and night. I’ve also written about my concern over how many liquids I can pack into a ziploc bag and ensuring I have all the right hygiene items.
This last trip to Europe really tested my ability to do this and surprisingly enough, I was successful. I managed to pack just enough stuff to last me 3 weeks and by the time I went home, I had gone through most of it.
- My essentials (contact solution, toothpaste, floss, and mouthwash)
- Clinque daily toner (I got this as a sample at Nordstrom and now I can reuse the bottle!)
- Fresh soy face cleanser (which was great as a daily face wash and make up remover)
- Neutrogena make up wipes (because sometimes I’m really lazy)
- OleHenricksen travel pack (Sephora had a travel pack that had a night cream, a daily moisturizer and a vitamin C pick me up for your skin)
- Claudine oil (this was a great item I got in one of my Birchbox’s and I could use it on the plane to keep my hands moisturized)
- Beauty Protector oil (this was great for my hair and toning down the frizz. Also, most of the places I stayed in Europe did not have conditioner there so I needed something to keep it under control)
- Laura Mercier matte tinted moisturizer (this replaced any need for foundation and it was a light weight sunscreen)
- Pixi tinted chapstick
- Tide to go pen
- Insta-dri nail polish
- Nail polish remover wipes
This ended up being the perfect combination of hygiene products to keep my skin happy and healthy on my trip. Especially as I traveled from climate to climate. My Birchbox samples proved to be a great help with ensuring I had the perfect size samples to hold me over during my trip.
One tip: Many Europe hotels don’t believe in conditioner or lotion. Come prepared. Bringing the oil for skin and for hair really helped me out with ensuring my skin didn’t feel excessively dehydrated.
Do you have any tips on what you like to carry around with you as a hygiene staple?