For this trip I decided to travel with a school backpack and that’s it. Let’s just say this was one of the better decisions I’ve made in more ways than one. Here are the pros and cons of such light traveling:
– I never have to worry about checking my luggage because it’s smaller than the regular carry on suitcase
– I have a permanent footrest/seat when I am in the airport since it’s packed to the maximum
– It limits the amount of stuff that I can purchase
– It requires me to keep track of my stuff and prepare myself for anything. I’ve found some great mutli-climate clothing
– I can always take the stairs and walk at whatever pace I want.
– Cobblestones. Boom. Nothing can stop me.
– I have lost count of how many people I have accidentally hit with my overstuffed backpack
– It limits my shopping
– …. And that’s about it. No other cons to traveling light.
That being said, time to repack my bag again for the last leg of my flight. Wish me luck!