In less than 12 hours, 2014 will officially be over. I started my day with some delicious food and great conversation. It’s a good way to do the “last morning” of 2014. Now it’s early afternoon and the reflecting continues.
2014 was a great year, not just because it was full of new experiences but because it was the year that I finally stopped making excuses. I took risks, I tried new things, had new experiences and actually started the process of growing up. That being said, here are my plans to make 2015 an even better year. I’m not calling them resolutions, these are actually going to be steps in my overall 2015 plan to make it what I want it to be.
– Keep running. Not a specific distance, but rather make this a consistent activity. There’s something about clearing my mind when I run that helps calm me down and relieve stress.
– Finish grad school. This will happen. June 21, 2015. The countdown began about 2 months ago.
– Read more. I love books. I keep buying books and my pile just keeps growing. In fact, so far I’ve finished one book this holiday break but managed to start 5 because I’m indecisive. I’m working on finishing them before starting anymore.
– Try new things. This seems self explanatory. Stop making excuses for why I shouldn’t try things, and just go for it.
– Travel. I love traveling. I love being outside of my comfort zone and standing in some place I’ve never been and taking in the sights.
– Cook more. I need to learn to cook. Right now my cooking skills only allow for 3 items. And, I have yet to use my oven…
– Be present. I want to make sure that those that I love know that I love them. I want to make sure when I’m with my friends, they know that I’m in the moment with them and not distracted by social media.
– Live. Be here, and not elsewhere. Be open minded, be adventurous, be spontaneous, don’t be afraid.
Those are my steps to make 2015 what I want it to be. 2014 was a great year, but the greatness will not stop there. It’s the first stepping stone in making next year great and so on and so on.
Happy New Year! I hope that this year was everything you wanted it to be and that the start of your 2015 will be just as amazing as you deserve. See you in 2015!!